Thursday, November 29, 2018

Christmas at Gaylord Palms 2018

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving with loved ones.  We had a blast over at Peyton's house.  John deep fried the turkey and it was just a little over done (black) but she had lots of other edibles to take your mind off of the lost turkey.  I don't know how she makes her sweet potato casserole but I must get that recipe....yummy!

We are going to the ice show next week and I had to make Zane's little hat.  The place lends you parkas to wear but you must furnish the hat and gloves and since it's a balmy 9 degrees  in there, you do need them.  This is what I mean by the ice show....



When you go thru the ice sculptures there are two story ice slides which I love.  Hubby and I went on them last year and you do have a very cold butt when you get to the end.  LOL  Everything is made of ice....even the stairs you walk up.  It's amazing.  There is over 2 million tons of ice this year and at the end they have a life size nativity made of crystal clear ice.  It's stunning!




Wanted to share a new picture of Zane with you....


.....he's getting so big and I tried to get a new picture of Little John but he's never still.  LOL

Also, Vallie went in for grooming yesterday and they gave her a birthday scarf (she'll be 8 years old next month) and a Christmas bow on her ear.  I was surprised when we got up this morning that she still had it on.  She hates bows!


Well that's all for now.  I've been doing some crocheting and I restarted the Glitter Village on a light tan 28ct. Jobelan because I just couldn't see the stitches on the 32ct. glitter Belfast linen.  It was driving my eyes crazy.  I'll post an update once I get some more of it stitched.  

How many of you went Black Friday Shopping?  The kids talked me into going out Thursday night and friday shopping and I was pleasantly surprised.  No shoving, no fighting over items, no fighting over parking spaces....it was a nice experience.  Hope the rest of you that went shopping had the same.

Thanks for stopping by...
Blessings, Barbara

5 comments:

marly said...

That looks like a fantastic show! Zane is so stinkin' cute. I went out Friday and there was not a space to park anywhere, people waiting for someone to pull out. But of course, we only have a JCP and Kohl's so there are only two places for everyone to go!

MartinaM said...

Hi Barb,
Two years ago we were also on an ice show, minus 10 degrees it was there, all made of ice, just wonderful to look at something like that.
I did not hear much about Black Friday, I ordered stuff, that's it.
Have a nice Weekend, Martina

Marilyn said...

That ice show loks amazing!
Those slides look awesome, and I bet the Nativity is beautiful.
No Black Friday shopping here.
Zane is too cute, and Vallie looks so pretty.
She looks all soft & fluffy!
Have a great weekend!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, have a fabulous family outing at the ice show. What a neat experience to partake in! Love the picture of Zane! No Black Friday shopping here. Enjoy your weekend!

Vickie said...

What an awesome outing! Your grandson is precious. So is Vallie. I did not go shopping in a store on Black Friday. I did shop online.