Sunday, July 15, 2018

Hello Again....

I hope all of you have had a fantastic spring and summer so far.  I decided to start blogging again because it helps me keep my sanity....what I have left of it that is.  I know all of you have been very busy because I have kept up with my reading.  I might not of commented but I do read a lot.
To bring you up to date, my friend that found out she had an anuyrism on her aorta, they have decided not to do anything about it at this time.  They will keep doing ct scans to check the growth for the next year.  She's terrified of having surgery because she is 74 and I don't blame her one bit.  My brother in law has had a terrible time since having a knee replacement last November which turned septic and he's been on antibiotics since then.  They are hoping within the next month to his final surgery and give him a new knee.  I have decided to leave this world with what God gave me at my birth.  I hear about so many people getting septic and infections from the simplest surgeries.  

Now what I've been working on stitch wise.  I found some goodies at Tuesday Morning the other day and I want to make two small quilts out of them.  
This one called Calico Station I want to find some fabric from the same collection but so far no luck.  I might have to go with a solid.  These are the 10" layer cake squares.

These are called Hushabye Hollow and are the softest of flannels.  I did find a coordinating fabric at Fat Quarter shop for the back of this small quilt.  

Indigo Lane 
by With Thy Needle & Thread

Autumn Basket
by Cross Eyed Cricket

Bee Pin Cusion
by SubRosa Designs

Nevermore
by Cross Eyed Cricket

Santa Tea Cup
by Just Another Button co.

The newest freebie 
by Cross Eyed Cricket

Pennsylvania Fraktur 
by Plum Street Samplers

I also finished two shawls but I haven't blocked them yet.
This one is made from an undyed yarn of cashmere and alpaca.  I loved working with this yarn which I purchased on Etsy.  It will turn out quite large when it's blocked.

This one is crocheted using My Melody by Wolltraum of Switzerland.  It starts out as the softest of pinks and go thru lavender to finally ending in a soft teal along the edge.  This one is of cotton/acrylic so I doubt it will grow much from blocking.  This will make a great summer shawl for here in Florida.

.....and what I'm working on now....


This design is from LHN and is called My Lady Liberty.  I was at my LNS several months ago and she had some of the printed fabric from The Primitive Hare so you know I had to buy a piece.  I had no idea what I was going to stitch on her and then one day I was going thru patterns and this one smacked me right on the head.  I'm having a lot of fun stitching it and I've got this idea that when I'm done with the cross stitching, I'm going to add some machine embroidery at the top saying "We The People" because this just reminds me of our great Constitution.  I'm almost finished with the lady's dress bottom and then I can go on to some more interesting stitching  (the bottom is soooooo boring).

So that's what I've been up to.  I'm also working on another shawl called "Custard Cream"....I just had to make this one just because of the name.  I'll have a picture soon of what I have finished so far.  

So I'm glad you stopped by to see what I've been up to and I hope each and every one of you has....

A Blessed Day, Barbara

P.S.  I don't know how I could of forgotten my two little love bugs.  Here's Little John although he is starting to tell me not to call him "little".  He's a big boy at 2 1/2.

And this little rug rat is Zane.  I think he has the biggest blue eyes!  Can you tell that I'm in love with both of these little guys?  





8 comments:

Vickie said...

Whooee! You have been one busy gal. Such pretty finishes. And a nice variety too! Glad to see a post by you once again my friend. I am glad you are not suffering any health issues presently.

marly said...

Little John and Zane are adorable! I do love that Nevermore design. Lots of stitching going on!!

Marilyn said...

All of your projects are great.
You've been busy!
Little John is rally growing, and Zane is too cute.
Have a fun Summer with them!
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Aww, I came back to see the boys! They are so big! And good lookin'!! They look very healthy. So very glad for that.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Love Bugs are adorable! I can't believe that Little John is 2 1/2. Zane's eyes are gorgeous. You have been busy with your needle, threads and yarns, Barbara. Good luck in your quest to find fabric to go with that layer cake. Glad to see you back to blogging! You have been missed.

Bethan said...

It's lovely to see you posting again. You have been very busy - I look forward to seeing what you make from the material. Your love bugs both look very sweet x

Sweet Sue said...

Whoa, you've been on a roll Barbara, everything is lovely! Think of you often, nice to see you have been in your happy place, thx sharing. Happy summer to you too. xo

Barb said...

What sweet little boys! I love all the projects, you have been very busy. So glad to see your blog back!