Monday, July 23, 2018

Ahhhhh to Remember

Even here in Florida, we were complaining about how cold it was this past winter.  Who else besides me would love to have those days back?  It's so hot here....when I walk to the end of the driveway (which isn't that long) to get the mail and I feel I need to take a shower afterwards, it's too hot.

This I just found hilarious because it reminds me of me!

Art Impressions SKINNY YET SET Cling Rubber Stamps 4672

I finally completed the inside part of the skirt on my patriotic lady and unto a different color.  I kind of thought this printed fabric would be difficult to work on but it's really not.  You find that you don't even see the words and just stitch on.


I also started a new shawl....surprise, surprise.  This is made from one of My Melody gradient yarns from Wolltraum.  The color is called Apache and I love the shades of tan and blue in it.  




Stay cool and have a fun week.

Blessings, Barbara

7 comments:

Barb said...

I have never stitched on fabric like that but it is perfect for the design you are working on. The colors of the yarn are lovely!

Robin in Virginia said...

Good for you on getting that skirt filled in, Barbara! Your shawl start looks good; love the colors in the yarn you are using. Stay cool and keep stitching!

Sweet Sue said...

will be nice to see your shawl come together, blue/tan has always been one of my fave combos. smoochies for vallie. xo

Justine said...

Your patriotic stitching looks fabulous on that gorgeous fabric! I'm in the UK and wish it would cool down too. It is so humid at the moment and of course there is very little air con here, certainly not in our homes!

Marilyn said...

I hope it cools down some for you.
Great progress on Lady Liberty.
That shawl is going to be so pretty.
Don't you love how they wind yarn in those cakes now?
Take care.
Marilyn

Barb said...

Hello my dear, Well how nice to see you back and stitching and shawl making a plenty. The patriotic lady is looking really good on that fabric. I am presuming it is on Primitive Hare fabric ,just lovely. Hope all is well with you and yours.Yep it is too hot for me too ,loved the cartoon. The grass is no longer green in this pleasant land our garden is crying out for rain. Although when it starts it probably won't know when to stop. Hope Vallie is coping with the heat, Effie is in the sea twice a day , just hope she is not going to keep it up all year lol. Take care and yes you were missed.xx

Bethan said...

I really enjoy all the gradient wools available at the moment! I love your fabric choice for your patriotic lady - I've never seen anything like it. I only ever see white, cream, red, green and black in stores here x