Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Some Updates

It's beginning to look like Spring down here in Florida and I hope where you live, it arrives soon also.  Our azaleas are in bloom and I'm getting ready to purchase some Plumbego to plant in our front yard.

Monday DH had his cataract surgery and everything went great.  Before the surgery he could hardly make out the large E at the top of the chart.  Today he has 20/30 vision in that eye.  He's thrilled with the results.

I have two finishes to share with you.  First is a Shepherd's Bush tiny design called appropriately "Spring".  I found a cute little frame at Michael's and I like the looks of it.

The second finish is the BBD I had been working on last post.  I loved stitching this one except the lettering which was stitched over 1 thread.  I'm not the greatest at that but I did my best.  Sorry for the creases....haven't gotten around to pressing it yet.

I also want to mention that I am very saddened by the death of Rev. Billy Graham.  I thought he was a terrific man and that the world just lost a great soul.  

Blessings, Barbara

I forgot to add that I've added about 23 Australian Inspiration Embroidery Magazines to my Patterns for Sale area.  These not only have embroidery patterns but also a lot of them have cross stitch also.

7 comments:

Barb said...

You are so right. Billy Graham was an inspiration to us all. Your stitching looks wonderful and that little frame is perfect. Also, glad your DH is doing so well!

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on both of your finishes, Barbara! Glad to hear that your husband's surgery was successful.

Barb said...

Hello there Barbara, It is your namesake from over the sea and far away. We are seeing little signs of spring snowdrops and crocus are blooming and birds are beginning to sing for a mate.I was so pleased to hear your husbands eyes are so much better. Oh I love your little SB design if you are selling it please may I have it.
Sorry been out of the loop for a while , big birthday came into it see blog.So lots been going on.
So a very Happy Spring from me to you .xx

Vickie said...

What sweet stitching, especially the SB finish. Perfectly framed. Hooray for your husband! Yes, we have lost a great man here on earth, but good for him getting to heaven!!

Pam said...

Congratulations on your two finishes!! They are both quite adorable. Great news about your husbands successful surgery. I was sad about Billy Graham's passing too, thought for sure Jesus would come back before he entered eternity. There I go thinking again : ). Until next time, stitch on!

diamondc said...

Barbara: Billy Graham was a wonderful Man, we were lucky to have him here in Minnesota at Northwestern University, he will be missed by all Religions.
I love your finish and framing, so sweet, your heart is beautiful.
Its good news your husbands surgery went well and he has better vision.
Snow is coming and lots of it, we had snow that last day and a half the sun is shining now but more snow on its way yuck.

Blessings
Catherine

Bethan said...

I am glad your DH is doing well, and great finishes! x