Sunday, December 10, 2017

It's been awhile

Hello my little elves.  I hope everyone is staying warm on this Sunday afternoon.  We had temps down in the 30's last nite and poor little Vallie was shivering.  She's not use to these kind of temps and usually she doesn't sleep under the blankets but last nite she did.  It's only gotten into the 50's today so I'm glad I didn't have anywhere to go.  

I was able to finish a Cricket design that I've admired for years but just never seemed to have the time to do it.  Well I buckled down and did it and I love it.  It's called "Be Ye Thankful" and we truly have been blessed this past year.  DH came thru his lung surgery fine, Peyton and John's wedding and the birth of our second great/grandson.  How could it be any better?

I don't know if any of you are a member of the Fans of Blackbird Designs group on Facebook but I am and BBD designed a special pattern for sale and all the proceeds go to Unicef.  Well being a fan I had to get it and it's just stunning.  I ordered the Lupine linen by Picture This Plus from Frog and Stitch and the matching fabric from The Fat Quarter Shop.  This is my next project and I can't wait to start it.  It's made into a little pinkeep and it's going to be one of this type of finishes for me in a long time.  I'm looking forward to it and of course they give fabulous directions.

Everyone have their shopping done?  I ordered the last item this morning and I'm having it shipped Priority so I receive it in time.  The great/grandsons were easy this year.  We are just giving them something small and then adding to their college fund.  We probably won't be around when they do go to college but we want to help while we can.  

I hope each and every one of you has a fantastic week.  Stay warm, build a snowman if you have snow, take a nice walk in it at nite and enjoy the quiet, have hot chocolate with lots of gooey marshmallows and please most of all, stay safe.

Blessings, Barbara

8 comments:

marly said...

I wish I WAS a little elf in 50 degree weather. Not little and not warm! I'm with Vallie.

Barb said...

That is such a pretty Cricket design.

Justine said...

Yes you have lots to celebrate and be thankful for this year! I will look up that BBD design.

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, congratulations on your latest finish. I have always loved that design, but have never gotten around to stitching it. Your next project is going to be super. My shopping is finished except for a few stocking stuffers. Enjoy your week!

Vickie said...

What a lovely finish Barbara. Perfect! We have snow and I am walking poodles in it alright!! ;)

Mii Stitch said...

A beautiful finish!!!

diamondc said...

Merry Christmas Barbara: I hope your husband is healing well, I have noticed the older I get the harder it is to heal quickly, Mike is a different story he heals fast it must be in the genes.
Be Ye Thankful is a beautiful design, thank-you for sharing with us.
I love snow but only on Christmas Eve Day and New Years Eve, but being from Minnesota we do get lots of snow, not much so far this year.
Blackbird Designs are such lovely designs, I look forward to seeing your progress on the new stitch.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Bethan said...

What a great finish. Such a lovely design x