Monday, September 18, 2017

We got the power

Hello sweet ladies.  First I want to thank all of you who sent emails wishing us good luck and many prayers for our safety.  We lost power around 10 pm last Sunday evening and just got it back about an hour ago.  In Florida in September that is pure misery.  We were lucky to find some ice for a few days and went out for most of our meals.  Hubby went back to work last Tuesday so he was lucky to be in some air conditioning during the day.  I made my way over to Peyton's everyday and stayed there till around 4 in the afternoon so I could beat rush hour traffic on the way home.  We went to Perkins for dinner tonite and met some people who still don't have power and I'm praying that when they go home, they had power too.  I'm not going to show any pictures because I'm sure by now everyone has seen enough destruction.   On our property we lost some tree limbs and some shingles from our roof.  We got off easy compared to some others close by.  Irma was a very destructive storm because of how big she was and how slow she moved.  It was a very frightening experience and I hope I don't have to go thru another one like her.  For those that were in her path, God Bless.

Blessings, Barbara

10 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, I am glad to hear that your power has been restored. I continue to pray for those still without electricity. I am relieved that while you had some damage, it was minimal. Thinking of you!

marly said...

Good to hear from you! Glad your damage was minimal.

Justine said...

Glad to hear you are safe. What a frightening experience.

Marilyn said...

Glad to hear you are all ok, and that you have minimal damage.
Marilyn

Barb said...

Oh my friend how happy was I to hear that you are safe. I can now phone my hubby at work and tell him the good news as we have been so concerned for you. So much devastation left in Irmas path and I feel for those caught up in it. I cannot imagine how frightening it must have been . xxxHugs to Vallie and licks from Effie. x

Mii Stitch said...

Glad you're safe and well and your home didn't suffer to much destruction.
It must be such a scary thing to have to go through.
Thinking to all who have suffered much devastation.

Vickie said...

Thank God you are all safe and well. I am sorry there is damage, but am glad it is minimal.

Terri said...

I have been thinking about you and I'm glad you are safe and sound and have the power back.

blueladie said...

So glad to see you post again. Prayers keep coming, unfortunately so are the hurricanes. :( Hugs & prayers, Cathryn ♥

Pam in IL said...

So glad to hear from you. I've been praying for you and all those affected. Hugs