Wednesday, July 5, 2017

The fireworks are over

I hope each and every one of you had a fantastic 4th of July.  Ours was a very busy day.  We started the morning in Winter Park for their celebration and there was all kinds of good eats.  We watched the  new citizens take the oath of allegiance.   There were 17 of them from 12 different countries and I can say there wasn't a dry eye among them.  They were so happy and we all cheered them on.

Then Little John went to see the firetrucks and came back with a fireman's helmet...

.....but he decided it looked better on my husband.


Then we went home for some rest (Little John's nap) and then went to Oviedo to watch the fireworks and listen to some fantastic music.  Little John discovered bouncy houses for the first time and had a ball.

We had some popsicles and some how Little John ended up with both of them.


It was a very hot day but we all had a good time until the first really big booms of the fireworks.  Little John decided he had had enough and we left early.  We didn't want him to have to go thru the finale they always have.  He liked the colors but not the boom booms.  Peyton kept her hands over his ears but he still didn't like them.  We all had wonderful family day.

I have 3 finishes to share with you.  The first is a small wool scarf that buttons.  The yarn is from a company called Freia.  It is located in California and all hand dyed.  This scarf was made from the sport weight and would make a fantastic scarf for those cold winter mornings.  Unfortunately we don't have those cold mornings here so this is in my store.




The next one was made from Melodyy by Woltraum and is a cotton/acrylic yarn.  Very light weight and perfect for spring/fall evenings when you just need something a little extra.  It starts out cream and ends up a beautiful medium blue.  It's a large shawl with over 1,100 yards.  Around the bottom is a delicate ruffle.  This one is also in my store.



The next one I made for myself.  It had just about all my favorite colors in it.  It's also a cotton/acrylic yarn and it starts out olive green - shades of purple - navy blue.  It's also quite large and I love it.


Well that's what I've been up to.  My week has been thrown off and here it is Wednesday and I'm doing laundry.  I feel all out of sorts.  Old age I guess.

Blessings, Barbara

6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, it sounds like your 4th of July activities were a lot of fun. Little John is so cute. Your shawls are gorgeous. How is Peyton feeling?

Bethan said...

It sounds like you all had a great 4th of July! I love your Melodyy shawl - I am a bit of a sucker for blue! x

Vickie said...

You had a fantastic 4th! Good for you all. You really make awesome shawls Barbara. ♥

Justine said...

Your shawls are absolutely gorgeous! Happy 4th July. Sounds like you had a great day.

Pam in IL said...

Sounds like you had a great 4th! Your shawls are beautiful and I love your yarn choices.

diamondc said...

Barbara: Your scarves are lovely.
Little John is so cute, I think your husband is adorable with that hat on.
We were supposed to have fireworks had storms instead.

Blessings
Catherine