Saturday, January 28, 2017

Trying to keep busy

I saw this recipe on Facebook and I thought it looked delicious.  I'll let you watch video and then I'll tell you my quest.

What of instead of using the buns for the top and bottom crust, you instead made individual little pies.  I'm going to use pie filling instead of granny apples and we'll see what happens.  I'll take pictures and let you know how they turn out.
I've also been slowly working on my Patriotic Scissor Pocket by Sampler House.  I didn't take it to the hospital when DH was in and by the time I got home at night, I was exhausted and didn't feel like working on anything.  So I'm back working on it and here's what I have so far:

Poor Vallie missed her Daddy so much and she's finally getting back to normal.

Have all of you heard about the Linens & Threads Mystery Sampler SAL that is being featured on Facebook?  It's a public group and all you do is hit the "join" button and you get to see other's work.  The pattern is free and you get a new segment every month.  I have the first segment saved but I want to finish what I'm working on before I start it.  Here's the LINK if you are interested.  It's a beautiful sampler which could be stitched in many different ways.  It's definitely worth taking a look.

That's all for now.  Coming up to the time for hubby's nighttime infusion.  

Blessings, Barbara


5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad to hear that Vallie is happy her Dad is home. I bet he is glad to be home as well. No help on the pie, but it does look yummy.

Justine said...

Glad to hear you are stitching again. The Mystery sampler isn't really my thing but it's very pretty.

stitchersanon said...

I was very tempted by the sampler but it's way too big for me. I'll enjoy watching your updates though. I hope you hubby is feeling better. My son has crohns. It's a terrible, terrible thing. He's had it since a child. Skin and bones he is. I hope you get the infection sorted soon xx

Vickie said...

I like your Patriotic Scissors Pocket very much Barbara. There's sweet Vallie!

Patty C. said...

Thanks for the link :)