Thursday, December 1, 2016

A So So Thursday....

Hello my sweet peeps.  I hope you're having a fantastic week so far.  Mine has been so so but could be improved.

I have a finish to share and two starts.  My finish is a Threadwork Primitives design called "Merry Winter".  This was a fun fast stitch.  I'll be making this into a pillow as soon as I decide on the fabrics.  The two fabrics shown are possibilities...just quite not sure.  I stitched this on a pale grey 28ct. Jobelan with Belle Soie silks.  


I've been working on another one of the Shepherd's Bush snowmen....this one is called appropriately "The Red Snowman".  For some reason the red fabric (which is quite bright) bothers my eyes after awhile.  I've never stitched something this large on red so I really never noticed before any problem.


To give my eyes a rest, I'm starting a Lizzie Kate Inspiration Boxer #54.  This one is going to be stitched on natural 28ct. with DMC floss.  It comes with a bonus ornament so I think I'm going to stitch both.  We'll see how much time it takes.




And no post would be complete without an update of my little buddy, Little John.  Peyton and him came to visit yesterday and this little guy finished off an entire hot dog and the bun.  We fondly call him Our Little Piggy.  He also had his first big boy haircut and I miss his longer locks.  
Everyone have a fantastic weekend with friends and loved ones,
Blessings, Barbara

6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, your Merry Winter piece turned out super. Look forward to seeing it in finished form. Nice start on the red snowman! Little John is adorable.

Marilyn said...

Great projects.
Little John looks so cute with his 1st haircut.
Marilyn

Mii Stitch said...

Merry Winter looks beautiful.
Looking forward to seeing your other two starts finished.

Vickie said...

Merry Winter is sweet. So is the Red Snowman. The LK is a very nice one. Oh Little John looks older now doesn't he?

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Cute starts - cute boy!

Aďka said...

Ahoj,
Tvoje výšivky sú nádherné!
Prajem pekný víkend!

Hi,
Your embroidery are magnificent...
I wish You a wonderful advent and greetings!
Aďka