Saturday, November 19, 2016

We Begin Again.....

I hope your week has been as good as mine has so far.  I decided to work on 2 Shepherd's Bush designs.  The first one is Home for the Holidays and I'm doing that one on 18 count fabric over 2 with 6 strands of DMC.  For the lettering I'm using a HDF silk called Sour Cherry Soup.  Isn't that a great name?  I wish Vickie was still dyeing silk threads but unfortunately she went out of that type of business and I really do miss her.  Here is what I have finished so far...



The remainder of the stitching will be done with 6 strands of DMC floss.  I've ordered the button pack from JABCO and I hope it doesn't take too long to get it.

I've also bought everything to do this Shepherd's Bush stocking.  I'm thinking of putting our family name on it instead of one person's name.  I haven't made up my mind about that yet but here's the one I'm going to do.


I find that if I work on this large count linen, I am able to work a little faster because the holes of the fabric are easier to hit even with the shakes.  Maybe this is what my future holds in store and I could live with this with no problem.

I hope everyone has a Blessed Thanksgiving with family and friends.  We are hosting our future grand son in laws parents and 2 of his sisters.  It should be a fun day filled with lots of food and laughter.  

Blessings, Barbara


6 comments:

Vickie said...

What wonderful projects Barbara. And your plans for Thanksgiving sound terrific!

Robin in Virginia said...

Super projects, Barbara! That Sour Cherry Soup is a very cool color. Hmmm, need to check the thread box for it. I am another who wishes Vikki was still dyeing her floss. I like the idea of putting your family name on the stocking. Enjoy your weekend!

Marilyn said...

Home is so colorful!
Love Shepherd's Bush stockings, you picked a nice one.
Wishing you a very peaceful Thanksgiving.
Marilyn

diamondc said...

Barbara: Holidays is a beauty, I am not sure of the Silk you have used I have never heard of this company.
I love the looks of the Sour Cherry Soup thread, love it.
I am in love with the Shepherd Bush stockings, I think putting your Family name on the stocking is a great idea, I look forward to seeing your progress.
Happy Thanksgiving

Catherine

Mii Stitch said...

Oooh that a very promising start! What a beautiful colour thread you have chosen for the wording.

Justine said...

What a beautiful thread colour. Your stitching is so neat!