Monday, March 30, 2015

Hello!  I sincerely hope all of you ladies had a fantastic weekend.  Mine was nice and serene...just the way I like them.  
I've had a few ideas running around in my head and I thought I would share a few with you.
First up is a machine embroidered sheep that is made out of snowflakes.  When I saw this design on Kara's Kreations site, I knew I had to do it.  My machine is chugging along right now doing the mate to this one.  It will be in black and facing the opposite way.  I thought they would make great pillows for a chair I have.  
Also the fabric was a great find at Joann's ETC last year.  They were revamping the store and getting rid of alot of the samples of upholstery fabric.  They were 18 x 18 inch squares and in the most fabulous colors and styles.  I bought quite a few of them....especially the silk ones.  They were selling for $1.00 and $2.00....who could pass that up?

Next is a finished design by Blackbird Designs called "Down in the Valley".  I stitched it with DMC on 32ct. Belfast.....and I forget the name of it. (slaps forhead)
 I also stitched this freebie from The Primitive Hare on the same piece of fabric.  I've always loved this design and figured now would be a good time.....it matches my scissors and needle holder. :o)
 Then I had an idea for a cross stitching bag.  It stands about 8 inches high and has pockets all the way around it....about 6 of them.  These can hold your scissors, glasses and anything else that comes to mind.  The drawstring part can hold your flosses or you can use it for an ort bag.  Let me know what you think of this idea because I'm thinking about selling them.  I'll even take orders and monogram them for you.  Oh and the bottom is hard so it stands up perfectly.
That's all for now.  I'll post a picture of the finished black sheep tomorrow or so.  They are going to look so cute!!!  
Blessings, Barbara

3 comments:

Justine said...

Your bag looks great! So useful. I love the freebee you stitched.

Vickie said...

Oh the sheep! How cute! And you are making a pair.:)
How clever of you! That is great. And I have used that fabric! From when you sent me a piece of it. It is great, isn't it?

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your finishes! What a fabulous idea with your stitching bag! Very clever! I hope you do decide to make a few for sale.

Robin in Virginia