Monday, September 1, 2014

A Labor Day finish

Here it is the first of September already....where has the summer gone.  It's still in the 80's and 90's here in Florida so I'm waiting impatiently for the leaves to turn and the air to get that crisp fall feeling to it.  
I hope everyone has a safe and leisurely Labor Day and that you all get some "stitchie" time in.  I was able to put the finishing stitches into this Blackbird Design that I just love.  If you don't like stitching with black....it's not for you.  I used HDF silks on this one and I love how it turned out.  The blackbird has a hint of green and grey running thru it that goes well with the fabric which is WDW Straw Gingham.  This is a fun fabric to stitch on if you haven't tried it yet.
Now I get to go pick out something new to stitch......that's the best part of finishing something!
Blessings, Barbara

2 comments:

Annette-California said...

Wow! So pretty especially on the gingham!
love Annette

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I stitched this one last year! Love it!