Sunday, December 8, 2013

Our sweet Vallie all dressed up in her new sweater and hat.  Jenn insisted on buying the hat and I'm surprised she left it on so long.  
You know the story about Jenn, our daughter and her family moving in with us from Colorado.  Well here is something I doubt many of you see.  Her DH Daniel use to work for Coors and you know the displays the beer companies put up  in stores.....well he got ahold of a fake palm tree and kept it .  When they moved down here, they decided it would make the perfect Florida Christmas tree.  Here is a pic of it and it even has a musical pink flamingo on top that sings "Santa Baby" and "It's 5 o'clock somewhere".  It cracks me up!!!
I've not really been in the stitching mood for some time now and I better get over it soon.  I've done some knitting...Christmas present....and 3 new shawls and worked on my SAL.  I'm not interested in any kind of needlework which is very weird because usually I go from one to another but not this time.  Maybe it's the holidays.
B


8 comments:

marly said...

I think we all go through phases where it seems to be more of an uninteresting chore than a pleasure. Breaks are good! You'll enjoy it more when you start again. How stylish Miss Vallie is!

Carolyn said...

LOVE your tree and so fitting for Florida. :) Isn't Miss Vallie "stylin"? Such a cutie patootie. Miss you, Louie, and know you are enjoying having your family here for the holidays. First time in a VERY long time! I'm so excited for you.

Love,
Thellie

Sweet Sue said...

vallie is such a sweetie. i too have been on a stitchy break. have a great week to come with the family:)

Vickie said...

hahaha! Love Vallie's look. Neat tree!

Connie said...

Stitching slumps come - and go - in their own good time.
Enjoy your knitting and family time and by-and-by something will start demanding to be stitched!

Pam in IL said...

Love Vallie's cute sweater and hat. I've always wanted a palm tree because I live where there aren't any, lol.

Catherine said...

What a perfect tree for Florida! Vallie looks so sweet ~ I can only imagine what it would be like to try and get
Panzer to wear something like that!! Those stitching slumps can be hard, but we all go through them from time to time.

CalamityJr said...

What a fun tree! Vallie is adorable.