Sunday, June 30, 2013

I visited my LNS this weekend and she had some goodies waiting for me.  One of them is the above pincushion which goes with my Eugenia Tuffet sheep.  This little pincushion is made from WDW hand dyed wools in blue, green and mauve.  I added the star button with some ribbon just to spice it up some.  Eugenia also sent me from Mexico a beautiful turtle pin to add to my collection.  I can't wait to see where she goes next.

I also started this hexagon flower table topper.  It's made in a way that you keep reducing the size of your hexagons in layers and add them down to the smallest being on top.  This first layer I was able to do while watching the race today.  I should have this finished in a day or two and I'm sure it will make sense to you once you see the finished item.  
One thing I have discovered, that the older I get, the more I enjoy hand stitching.   All of the work on this table topper is being done by hand except the quilting and I did that by machine.  Also, to the quilters out there....have you ever quilted your piece first and then added the applique?  I must be weird because I find  it much easier to do the appliqueing this way.  Anyone else?

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Cite cushion and love the hexagon!

Barb said...

Nice cushion and pins, but I love the rose hexagon thingy and I too love stitching by hand,look forward to seeing the progress.

mahesh babu six pack said...

happy to visit this blog, want to visit once again