Sunday, June 23, 2013


I have always loved the old patterns like the Dresden Plate one above.  I decided to do mine a little differently by using primitive fabrics.  These are "Garden Grove" by Henry Glass.  I have 3 squares finished and only 13 to go.  I'm hand stitching these but the quilting will be done by machine.  Also, there will be a large square in the center of the quilt with applique.

Also, I've added to my collection of beautiful fabrics......

"Serenity Garden" by Wilminaton Prints

"Paris Flea Market Ballet Slipper" by Moda Fabrics
I'm also working on a teacup quilt.  The squares are machine embroidered with different floral teacup designs and then will be made into a kitchen table runner using "Field Notes by Blackbird Designs" for Moda Fabrics.  


6 comments:

Vickie said...

Love the projects! Gorgeous fabrics Barbara.

Catherine said...

Such pretty fabrics!

gracie said...

Wonderful selection of colors, and I love the Dresden pattern....great stitching.

Carolyn said...

Beautiful new fabrics and I LOVE your dresden plate block. So pretty! I'm drooling over your teacup squares. They are to die for. Can't wait to see the finished project!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Love the plate ~ great colors!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I love all those beautiful fabrics!! Great choices!