Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's a sickness I tell ya....

I promise myself I'm not gonna buy anything new and then all of a sudden I'm in the shop and that "Bad Barbara" takes over and I'm leaving my LNS with a bag full.  What's a girl to do I ask ya?  Why take them home and drool....LOL
I've wanted this little JBW French Country Owl ever since I first saw him and today he jumped into my bag and along the way, it grabbed up a skein of Burmilana to stitch him with.  This should be alot of fun to stitch with this wool and give him a nice look.  He also snatched this really cute Mill Hill owl and convinced me I couldn't live without him.  I agreed of course.....I'm not dumb!!!!
Then next to jump into the bag was this year's issue of JCS's Halloween issue.  I'm so glad it decided to come home with me because I really want to stitch the Primitive Hare's design called The Town of Halloween.  I can't wait to get my needle into that one!
Next is the new BBD design called Mother's Garden.  I had the pattern but was missing some of the threads and I decided to pick them up today.  Usually I would of substituted but I loved the colors in this one so much, I decided to get them and stay with the original colors.  This one should be alot of fun to stitch and I will start it after I have finished the L&L I'm working on.....Fallen Roses.
Then it was a good day at the mail box too.  I received Brenda's new design from Country Stitches and the pattern I bought from Sally (Thank you Sally...it arrived safe and sound) on Never Enough Stash.  I have to find tan pillow ticking for the Country Stitches pillow and I hope that's not a problem.
After all of that, my most exciting stop was the Sewing Studio.  I fell instantly in love with these 3 fabrics and I knew they were coming home with me.  From left to right:
Funky Fall by Clothworks
Happy H owl-o-ween by Moda
Funky Fall by Clothworks
and if you are interested in any of these, The Fat Quarter Shop (here) has all of these in stock.  As soon as I saw the Funky Fall designs I thought of BBD and how they would look together....stunning!
Well that was my excitement for the day and I am so glad that "Bad Barbara" was able to come along to both of the stores I visited.  I'm just glad I didn't have to go to the yarn store or I'd really be broke.  LOL
Have a great week!
Blessings as always,
Barbara

8 comments:

Redrodi56 said...

I love all your goodies and really envy your having a LNS - sadly there are none around me anymore. Fortunately I can live vicariously through you! Looking forward to seeing the finished pieces.

Sweet Sue said...

You're sooooo bad, but in a good way! Luv your Funky Fall fabby, to darn cute:)

marly said...

Bad Barbara did good!

Catherine said...

Sometimes it is so good to be bad!

Bianca said...

It's always fun to be bad while stashing. I love all of your new stuff!

Nan said...

I have an alter ego as well. It just isn't right to go into a LNS and come out empty handed. Love your purchases.

Sally said...

Fantastic new stash! So glad the chart arrived safely. I'm thinking of being bad and having a splurge this week in the JJ's Christmas in July sale!

Patty C. said...

I have the Remember Me Stitching Pocket in my stash - looking forward to seeing your progress!