Monday, January 9, 2012

A New Finish


My daughter Jenn has come up with a very cute idea.  She's designed an alphabet that when stitched makes a very pretty scissor fob.  She sent me the "B" and I was to pick my own fabric and fibers and this is what I came up with.  The fabric is a 22ct. blue linen and for the stitching I used a DMC variation floss and an Anchor Marlitt.  Jenn had queen stitches for the flower but I will admit, I am absolutely terrible at queen stitches.  You will notice that I stitch nothing that has them in and I have a beautiful sampler that is loaded with them but I think the chance of me stitching it is just about nil.  Instead I did a spider web flower and then used light blue beads around the outside.  Jenn has this alphabet available to those who might be interested....just go to her blog here and send her an email.
I also wanted to let whoever might be interested that I have added these DMC Linen Flosses to my Stash Store. 
I hope everyone's week has started out great and that you get some quality stitching time.  I'm plucking away on Fallen Roses and seem to be making some good headway.
Blessings as always,
Barbara

5 comments:

cucki said...

hello dear, very cute scissor fob..i love it so much..
and all the linen threads are so sweet and so lovely to work with..
keep well.love for you
cucki xx

Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore said...

What lovely colours your new threads are.

Mouse said...

oo very pretty with the spider rose :) off to go and look at your stash ... love mouse xxxx

JoAnna said...

Very nice!

Penny said...

What a talented daughter and such a pretty fob! I finally learned to do queen stitches, although they are not my favorite thing to do. I am way too slow at them. :)