Sunday, January 29, 2012

A new beginning

I've been working very hard on Fallen Roses and I have definitely burned myself out on it.  As you can see, I've finished the lady and all of the blue on the left side of her.  I haven't taken her out of her frame, but I have hung her on my sewing room wall where she will always be in sight so that I don't forget about her.  There really isn't much to finish but since I had set the finish date as October 25th, I'm comfortable about letting her relax for awhile.  In the meantime.....
I have started Mrs. Waddlelow's Huswif by Ellen Chester.  After seeing Patty's (click here) work on this, I just had to get it started.  I'm using a HDF silk named Burnished Cranberry and it's a beautiful mauve and green mix.  I'm stitching it on 36ct. cream linen so it's gonna turn out a smiggen smaller than the original did.  I have my 5 coordinating fabrics ready for the finishing and I'm anxious to see this one finished.  I have made several huswife's over the years and I've never kept one for myself.....but this one I will. 
Well I awoke this morning with a good old spring cold.  My throat is sore and I'm sneezing my head off every 5 minutes or so.  It's my body's way of saying "spring is coming" because I always get a cold at this time of year.  You'll notice that I've changed my background color and my header to look more springish.  I thought you ladies in the northern cold climates might appreciate seeing some pretty floral colors.  There are all kinds of flowers starting to bloom down here in Florida.....plumbego, azalea, roses and even my begonias are blooming.  I'll take some pictures later in the week when I'm feeling better.
I hope all of you have had a terrific weekend so far and that you have not seen any froggies around your house.  They sure can make a pest of themselves from time to time.
Blessings as always,
Barbara

20 comments:

cucki said...

i really that piece so much..lady is looking so stunning..i love her..
the other project is also super sweet..i love the color so much..
happy stitching xx

MoonBeam said...

Wow...great progress on Fallen Roses! Nice going.

A friend of mine completed Mrs. Waddelow and it is magnificent.

And, yes, us northerners love your beautiful new spring header. Thanks!

Bobbi

butterfly said...

Oh Barbara you do some lovely stitching, love your new blogger.
Sorry you have a cold hope you will be better very soon. Hugs to you.

Catherine said...

Both of your projects are wonderful!!
Feel better soon!

catherine said...

Barbara your pieces are so beautiful and you have put lots of work in. Hope the cold gets better soon
catherine

Tricia T said...

So very pretty -- both of them!! And the flowers in your header are lovely. : )

Thoeria said...

Great work on both pieces - look forward to seeing the huswif completed :) Hope the sniffles leave you soon!

Mouse said...

oooooo with everything else you have stitched on the fallen roses those hearts where the best idea :) you really haven't much more to to :)
and just love that huswif you are doing and those colours are adorable ... looking forward to seeing it finished up .. no pressure here ...lol and hope you start to feel much better soon :) love mouse xxxx

Patty C. said...

Oooooo i love your color choice! !!!!!!!!

marly said...

I clicked on Fallen Roses to enlarge and OMGoodness what a beautiful piece of stitchery. I completed one of Imblum's angels and that was it for me. Congratulations on a beautiful job!

Natasha said...

Great progress on both pieces. I cant wait to see more on Huswife. Hopefully you are feeling better soon!!

valerie said...

Great stitching! I love the color thread your using for the huswife. I am sure it will come out fabulously!

Carolyn said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new blog header! You are so talented, gf. I am blown away at how fast you are stitching Fallen Roses. You amaze me. :0)

Now that's a total bummer that you are sick. Wish I could make you some chicken soup and bring it to you. Hugs, friend. xoxo

Angie said...

Great stitching

Anonymous said...

Both pieces are looking good. Really loving the lady at the moment. Well done.

Denise said...

Fallen Roses is beautiful!!!!! And I love the colors of Mrs Waddlelows Huswif. Great start
Happy Stitching
Denise

Carmen said...

WOW! the roses lady is looking so beautiful., the Mrs Waddlelows look great too.

Peggy Lee said...

Fallen Roses is stunning! I've never seen this chart before. You have stitched it so beautifully so far. Can't wait to see your progress!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :D you've made lot of progress.

Anonymous said...

c'est absolument magnifique
j'aime beaucoup
rose