Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The birds are coming....the birds are coming....

Well Vallie and I went for our usual walk this morning and when we got home, these sweet birds were waiting for us on our front lawn.   Poor Vallie didn't know quite what to make of them and was a little skittish at first but then she got into the swing of things when she noticed they were more afraid of her than she was of them.  LOL
I've been getting my things in order to start the SAL on January 1st.  Have any of you seen the newest issue of Just Cross Stitch?  Well let me tell you that it is chocked full of great patterns this month.  There are 3 that I have lined up to do and one of them calls for HDF silks.  If you haven't tried Vikki's silks, I strongly suggest it.  I'm going to put my order in for the ones for this design....and it's done in pinks and greens.  :o)  I guess I'm not the only one who loves that color combination.  There's also a beautiful little red French welcome sign that is just perfect for my kitchen.  I also picked up my copy of Ink circles Metamorphosis yesterday at my LNS and the GA threads to stitch it with.  I bought a piece of 20ct. linen in a pretty shade of green but I'm not sure about it.  I might save that for another design and pick something else for this one.  Decisions....decisions.
Blessings as always,
Barbara

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I have never seen birds like that. What a sight to come up on!

Bekca said...

I bet poor Vallie was confused, bless her.
Your stitching plans sound wonderful Barbara, I can't wait to see you start.
Best wishes.

Julie said...

Beautiful birds! What are they? We get crows and starlings here; definitely not as beautiful!

Mouse said...

oooo they look cute what ever they are and well done vallie for being soooo brave ...lol ...
we don't HDF over here so I will take your word for it ...lol and I like the chart metamorphosis too :) love mouse xxxx

cucki said...

aww i love them ..they are so beautiful..lovely fellows..
hugs xx

Denise said...

Yep I got my Just Cross Stitch mag. and there is about 5 things that I want to do in there.
Happy Stitching
Denise

Jules said...

I got mine too and I want to stitch ALL of the designs in it this time. Haven't had that feeling until now on any magazine I buy!