Saturday, July 30, 2011

Some finished Christmas Ornies

Every year I have the fun of making 3 ornaments for a friend of mine.  She has 2 girls and 1 boy who is married and we usually start early to come up with ideas for their ornies.  This year was pretty easy.....so far.  The boy who is married...well they like turtles.  Sometimes it's not so easy coming up with a Christmas turtle but we have.  One of the girls collects snowmen and the other angels so they are relatively easy.  As you can see by the picture, I have completed the turtle and snowman ornie but am still working on the angel.   The turtle I cannot remember where I got that pattern but the snowman is from last years JCS Ornie issue.  If you are thinking of doing the snowman, good luck.  It was a bugger.  First off it's stitched on 28ct. over 1 thread and then you have to backstitch around it in the shape of a star and then do that on a second sheet of fabric.  You then sew them together, wrong sides together thru the back stitches. Then when you are able to finish that (sigh) you string beads and make loops to go around the outside.  It's absolutely beautiful when finished but I will never make one again!  The turtle was just finished the regular way for ornies with batting and mat board and then a braid going around it.  
I am running into a problem with the angel.  The young lady it is going to also runs and my friend, the mom, is looking for an angel wearing sneakers.....or maybe a pair of sneakers with wings.  Does either of these ring a bell with any of you ladies?  I have come up empty and am at wits end.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
Hope everyone is having a blessed saturday,
Barbara

6 comments:

marly said...

I'm sorry I can't help with your runner angel chart. The little snowman that you will never stitch again is so special! Lots of work in a small package!

Mouse said...

ohh it is beautiful and looks like hard work too :) .. ermmm angels with sneakers how about one from the Victoria Sampler freebies and alter the shoes to have laces ???? hope that helps :) love mouse xxxx

Teresa said...

Wow, I clicked on to see the snowman up close. You did a wonderful job. I think we have all done those projects that there will be one of them and no more.
Good luck finding an angel with sneakers.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Bekca said...

The little snowman is definitely very impressive and I love the idea of a Christmas turtle! Best wishes and happy stitching to you.

Stitching Noni said...

Hi Barbara, what gorgeous ornaments! Very clever Christmas turtle... the snowman is beautiful - I love the way you have finished them off. Can quite believe why you don't want to do another one after reading your post!!

Sorry, I cant think of an angel with sneakers... hopefully someone has seen one somewhere...

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

Anna Zont said...

It is so nice!!!!