Friday, July 15, 2011

Am I the only one?????

I went up to my LNS today to pick up some things for a new project.  I don't know how many of you subscribe to the GOS, but several months ago there was a Chatelaine Design by Martina Weber that I just couldn't get out of my mind.  Anyways, I picked up the silks that I needed (yum yum) and went up to the register to see how much damage I had done to the checking account that day.   Now this is just a very short distance from the silk rack to the register, but in that short distance I added to my pile considerably.  I added a JN pattern, a Sweetheart Tree, a small sampler by Shakespeare Peddler and a pair of scissors....all in about 6 feet of walking....and I think I could of done so much more damage without really trying.  LOL
Now I'm at the register talking with Pamela (who happens to be a darling) and this shop has a wonderful thing it does for you.   If you love a certain magazine, everytime it comes out with an issue, the store will put one up for you and hold it till you come in.  Great right???  I thought so and that's why they always hold an issue of Sampler and Antique Needlework for me.  Only thing is, this month there must of been a mixup because when I got home, I found out I already had this issue.  Now is this just because I'm getting older or is it a disease that only effects stitchers?  Whatever it is, I've got it.  I guess it's getting to the point where I'll have to start making lists of what I have and what I want.  Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
I don't know if any of you ladies have looked at Martina Weber's website lately, but I noticed she has a few more freebies on there that I hadn't seen before.  I'm doing the little strawberry pincushion and I swear in this 3 x 4 inch area, I have more mistakes than I have ever had on any project before.  Since I'm keeping this for myself, the mistakes are staying in.  How many of you take out every mistake you find?  The frog hardly ever visits my house because I hate to rip.  I once told Thellie (my partner in cross stitch crime) that whenever I make a major mistake, I usually just throw out that piece of linen and start over on a new piece. Well the day I told her that, I thought she'd die.  Anybody else do this or am I the only nut out there.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful friday and that there is nothing darkening your doorway,
Blessings as always,
Barbara

7 comments:

Teresa said...

I get into more trouble near the cash register than any other part of my LNS. They love to put the cute news stuff there.
I use to throw out a mistake if it was done on Aiada but not with the linens, cost too much.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Sweet Sue said...

Thx for the giggles Barbara, made my day:) And no, I don't throw out linen, but that's just my style. Have a great weekend and keep COOL...

natalysneedle said...

I have the same problem when I visit a needlework store. I head in with my list of fibers and leave with more charts, scissors, fabric etc. . . If I just stitched the charts from the magazines I subscribe to I could keep myself stitching for a lifetime but that doesn't stop me from adding to my stash.

butterfly said...

Oh dear i always spend way to much at the cross stitch store, the only thing is i know i will never stitch all that i have, i will have to live until i am 250 YRS OLD HA HA
.And mags i often buy the same one twice, i think it is my age.
If i go wrong in my stitching if i can get away with it i will go over the wrong thread ,if i cant and there are to many stitches wrong yes it goes out ,life's to short to mess around.

Mouse said...

oooo some one else with baskititis ..lol and eeeekkkkkk fudge it girl don't throw away !!!! love mouse xxxx

Dani - tkdchick said...

Gosh if I had an LNS I suppose that would be the case, we've not had one in almost two years now! So whenever I get the opportunity to hit an LNS I do do some serious dammage!

Yup, I've bought stuff I already have too!

Now as for the frogging thing, goodness I can't throw away the work that was good, I go ahead and frog!!!

Francesca said...

I always try to correct every mistake I make. Yes, it is annoying, but on the other hand it is rewarding to see it properly done. I would not like to look at my own mistake and repeatedly :-)