Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Just adding to the stash....

 What is it about yarns that just draws me in?  I am addicted to the colors, textures and I can't resist no matter how hard I try.  Now I have enough yarn in my stash to make everyone in my family a sweater and have some left over and here I am purchasing more.  What's a girl to do I ask you......buy it and hide it from hubby.....that's what a girl is suppose to do.  LOL
 First off I tend to knit some small projects and I needed a small bag that closed to carry the project around in.  I took two fat quarters, a 20" zipper and came up with this quick and easy tote bag.  It closed nice and tight to keep the yarn clean and to keep Vallie from seeing the yarn inside and deciding this looks like it might be fun to mess with.  She loves yarn and has ruined some in her very short life so far.
 The above yarn is a Berroco yarn that is 100% superwashed wool in a beautiful neutral brown.  I have plans on making a nice warm scarf out of this yarn.
This yarn is a fingering weight Araucania hand dyed yarn from Chili.  This one is gonna end up as a shawl for myself.  I already have the pattern picked out and will start it as soon as I'm finished with Rhonda's birthday gift.
Speaking of Rhonda's gift....I am about halfway finished with it and went up to my LNS to pick up some more silks for the stitching.  The colors are just stunning and did I tell you what I'm stitching it on?  Well it's a pale teal blue 32ct. Belfast Linen.  I don't have the exact color name at my finger tips but I will be sure to have the name for you when I post the finished picture.  
I hope everyone is having a great week so far.  Temps here are suppose to reach into the 90's today and tomorrow and I'm going to hybernate in my home till it cools off soon.  Nice days to stitch and play with Vallie.
Blessings as always,
Barbara

No comments: