Sunday, April 17, 2011

Red Peacock Hornbook finished

 I came across this design when my local LNS owner came back from the last market.  It caught my eye immediately and I couldn't wait to stitch it.  It came as a kit with everything except the ribbon and fabric and the instructions for finishing were quite easy.  It was stitched on 32ct. flax linen using a DMC floss and I used the same floss color to make the twisted braid.  
 The paper pattern is attached to the back of the hornbook and inside there is a page with a piece of wool felt to hold your needles.  A page with a heart to hold a small pair of scissors and a page with a small envelope with inside is a needle threader.
My next project is a La D Da pattern and I hope everyone is having a fantastic Sunday.
P.S.  Forgot to tell you who designed it....The Stitching Parlor
Blessings as always,


Barbara

8 comments:

Teresa said...

It is just beautiful, never seen anything like it.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Deborah said...

Wonderful finish! I haven't seen this design before. Who is the designer?

Mouse said...

ohhh that is sooo neat .. love the idea of everything being inside when you open it up :) lovely finish again love mouse xxxx

Lisa V said...

Lovely hornbook finish. I think its gorgeous.
LISA V

Carol said...

What a gorgeous piece, Barbara! So unique and beautifully finished as always :)

Bekca said...

What a beautiful finish, you're finishing work is gorgeous Barbara. Can't wait to see what you'll be stitching next.

Tatkis said...

Beautiful and stylish hornbook! I love the idea with felt on the back side :)

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Sari said...

I've never seen anything like this! It looks so wonderful and the finishing is so fine. :)