Friday, March 11, 2011

Thank You and some ramblings....

First off, I don't think I say it enough but I want to thank those who make comments about my stitching.  I cherish each and every one of my followers and I value your judgement.  I want to know if you don't like something as well.  I think a person improves if they know their weaknesses and I'm no exception.  So if you don't like something that I've stitched or maybe have a better idea on how I finished something, please don't be afraid to post it.  
Now for the ramblings....
Have each of you noticed how high grocery prices are getting?  It's just me and hubby (plus the little pooch) and ours is getting way out of hand.  I try to be as careful as I can be but some things you just have to buy.  Like cereal.  My hubby only likes two cereals....Life and Raisin Bran and each of them are going way up in price.  I truly don't see how families do it that have 2 or 3 children.  You not only have the expense of feeding them but also clothes are going way up in price too.  I really feel for couples that are just starting out.  DH and I are lucky in that our house is paid for so we are safe in that respect, but these young people who are trying to purchase their first house...it's very sad.
Yard work.....does anyone hate this as much as I do?  I don't mind the planting of flowers and such, but the weeding and mowing and trimming.....I HATE!!  Living here in Florida, we have this to do just about year round so I'm stuck with it.  Tomorrow we are going to work on the front of the house and get this in shape for summer.  Whoopee!!!!   :o(
Well that's about it....I've probably bored you long enough and I still have to finish the french design today (hopefully).  I wish each and every one of you a fantastic weekend....and if you're a Nascar fan, please cross your fingers for Dale Jr this weekend.  He's now in the top twelve in points and I'd really love him to stay there.  
Blessings as always,
Barbara

3 comments:

Sweet Sue said...

Hi Barbara! Funny we are a Raisin Bran and Life cereal family too, and I also loathe yard work as it takes time away from stitching. Your Halloween biscornu from a couple years ago sticks in my memory, very different, but in a good way:) Have a great weekend my friend!

Mouse said...

Its the same over the pond too ... we have 4.5 in our family ... DD2 boyfriend is the .5 ..lol ... would love to be able to garden more but bending isn't an option much these days hehehe ....so I stitch :) love mouse xxxxx

Nadia said...

Oh how I hate yard work too...and since I live alone the fun is all mine, luckily the winter helps some LOL