Monday, December 6, 2010

Sometimes wishes come truee

Well here it is monday afternoon and I'm about to freeze my tushy off. LOL I just know that you ladies who live in the cold states will think I'm a wimp.....you'd be right.....I am a wimp. It's only in the low 50's here today and it's suppose to get down in the 30's tonight. I'm just not a cold weather person anymore but then I'm not a hot weather person either. I'd be happy living somewhere where it's 70's all year round. I am sitting here knitting with a long pair of pj's on and a blanket over my lap. It's nice that I'm knitting a shawl....could come in handy.
Now for the unfulfilled wish so I thought I'd bring you up to date on hubby and his success with the cochlear implant. Well it looks like its not going to work for him as well as we hoped. He will be able to hear noise but probably not voices or what they are saying. He will hear something but not enough that he won't need to lip read. The doctor told us not to give up hope, that miracles do happen so I'm wishing and praying on every star I see. We knew going into this that it would be a chance that it wouldn't work but we did have our hopes up and it is disappointing. I'm a firm believer in that God doesn't give you more to deal with than what you can handle so we shall handle this as best we can.
Don't forget to enter my giveaway if you haven't already. Last nite I finished getting everything together for the "secret" part and I know you'll love it. Aren't I a stinker? LOL
As always, Barbara

5 comments:

Trina said...

Barb, I am so sorry. I was just thinking about your DH a couple of nights ago. I had every intention of emailing to ask, but I get side tracked with things for Christmas. Please accept my apology, I should have been better with asking. My prayers are going your way. Do not give up, miracles do happen when we least expect them.

CalamityJr said...

We'll just keep praying for that miracle. Blessings to you both.

Del said...

I'm so sorry that your hubby's operation hasn't turned out the way you hoped. I have a hearing loss myself, but I do have hearing aids. Will pray and ask for your miracle and see what happens:) Every request helps.

Unknown said...

You can bet that we'll be praying for God's healing power for your sweet hubby!

Happy Stitchin'
Terri

Bekca said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you DH treatment hasn't gone as well as first hoped, but it's not over yet. Sending positive thoughts and hugs your way :)
I'm sure that shawl you're making will keep you cosy in the cold :)