Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Cookies

My daughter shared with me a new recipe she came across and I thought I would share it with you. I will be making these tomorrow so I'll let you know how they turn out. Here it is:

Peanut Ritz Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients: Peanut butter, Ritz crackers, Almond Bark in dark and white chocolate, almond slivers and sprinkles.
Melt almond bark following directions on package. Place one teaspoon of peanut butter between two Ritz crackers and then coat with either dark or white almond bark. On the dark ones, place an almond sliver and on the white ones, place sprinkles.
That's it!!!!! I've been told they are extremely yummy and there are all kinds of variations you can come up with. I will post a pic of mine tomorrow after I make them.

Also, has any of you ever taken a look at the Christmas Gooseberry books? I have several of them and I don't think I could make my Christmas cookies without them. They have all kinds of great ideas for baking and decorating. If you haven't looked at them, you might want to check them out.
As always, Barbara

2 comments:

Redrodi56 said...

Sounds yummy - don't see the finished pictures though. For a time saving tip - Ritz sells mini peanut butter filled crackers (round), you can dip those in the chocolate and decorate. One less step and tiny enough to use as a cookie tray garnish ;-)
Happy holiday!

Barbara said...

That sounds like an excellent idea about the mini ones. And would you believe I forgot to take a picture!!! I am so absent minded but hubby said they went over very well where he works. I tried one of each and I preferred the vanilla ones which is strange seeing that I'm addicted to chocolate. LOL