Friday, April 30, 2010

GOS Contest #6 Entry

They are up to Contest #6 and this is what I have done with the design this time. My hubby is really good at woodwork and he's so nice to make me my hornbooks in just about any shape I can come up with. This time I thought an arch shape would be nice for this design after I added the quaker design at the top of it. This one was stitched on mushroom 28ct. evenweave using HDF silks....and this one is name "Chocolate Covered Cherries". Yum yum yum. What is it with me that I am always buying these flosses that are named after food. LOL
The spoon in the foreground was also made by
hubby for me. It's called a Sweetheart Spoon and it's a celtic tradition to present one to your sweetheart....hence the name.
Since it's friday, I want to wish everyone a good weekend and I hope you are able to get some stitching in. We all need a little therapy now and then and mine is stitching.
As always, Barbara

No comments: