Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Late Valentine's Day Finish


Yep I was hoping to have this finished by Valentine's Day but as you see, I'm just a little late. This was a fun project and the HDF silk I used was called "Cherry Cheesecake". Now I ask you....how can stitching with just a silk not be fun? LOL The whole time I worked on this I swear I was hungry for cheesecake but was able to control myself. The linen I used was a flax 28ct from Zweigart which is a very nice linen to stitch on. I recommend it if you are looking for a nice light neutral to show off the colors of floss you are using. It doesn't distract from the design.
There is a mistake in my stitching but I just couldn't make myself fix the mistake. I believe in the Amish belief of leaving your mistakes in your work because nobody is perfect except God and your work should reflect that. Let me know if you can find the mistake....
As always,
Barbara

3 comments:

Annie Bee said...

Beautiful stitching and such a lovely colour too.

Kay said...

I love everything about this - the colors are great!

kimstitch3 said...

HI, I would love to stitch this design. Is it by chance a freebie I can find online? Thanks in advance for the help.Kimberly

kimbermart@comcast.net