Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Just Adding to the Stash

Today was a nice sunny day here in Orlando and I felt like adding to my stash. First I went and purchased 3 new pairs of scissors for my collection.
I went to my local LNS and purchased some more of the DMC Floche thread. If you haven't tried this yet, do try and find some in your area or on the net. It stitches up just like silk and lays beautifully. Today I bought it in red and black for some french designs and the black is for the AMAP Frou Frou which I can't wait to start.
I'm still plucking away on the AMAP Octagonal Quaker and hopefully I'll have that finished today or tomorrow. I absolutely love doing AMAP designs and the french designers....I'm not sure if it's because of the colors they use which is primarily red or the designs themselves. They have such different designs than what you find from American designers. I will be sure to post a picture of the Octagonal design here when I get it finished. I'm stitching it on Vikki's 36ct. Old Grey Mare linen with Old Maid of the Vineyard silk. If you haven't tried HDF silks yet.....don't waste anymore time....just order some and try it....you won't regret it.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I love the french designs, too. I'm not really sure what makes them so appealing, but they are! Glad you are enjoying your sunny FL weather. Here in WI we got almost a foot of snow yesterday - can't wait for spring!

Annie Bee said...

Beautiful sissors.