Thursday, June 20, 2019

Update

Well I had my procedure yesterday and I am still in tons of pain.  I've been taking the pain meds they gave me but it's hardly worth the effort.  I received a phone call from the surgery center today to set up an appointment for my next procedure.  Apparently because this was so big I must under go another lithotripsy.  Just what I wanted to do.  What made me upset is that no one asked how I was doing....about any pain I might be having.....blood in urine?  Not one question.  Needless to say I was very upset about this entire conversation and left her know about it.  So it doesn't look my kidney stone has left me yet and has decided to stick around for another shot.  

Thank you for all the well wishes I received.  It certainly means a lot when you have people praying for you and hoping for the best.

I saw this and it gave me a chuckle and I thought you might get a kick out of it too.

I shock myself Custom t-shirt

Blessings, Barbara

9 comments:

Laura said...

I am so very sorry to hear all you are enduring....definitely keeping you in my prayers!!

Sweet Sue said...

I'm so sorry Barbara, you've been thru enough already. This cartoon could indeed be me. Not long I parked my car and while dragging my feet out, my sneaker lace got wrapped around the brake pedal, so... the top half of me went out, the bottom half did not. My family doesn't even laugh anymore, they just roll their eyes when I go "Full Disaster Mode". lol. xo

diamondc said...

Barbara: I worked in the health field for twenty three years, I would get a second opinion for sure, how horrible they did not ask you any questions, what the heck is happening to our healthcare system.
I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts daily.
Totally love the sign, I too have done that when exiting my car always on the drivers side, not sure why.

Catherine

marly said...

I hope the second blast works and it happens soon. Not familiar with the procedure - don't they know at the time whether it worked and continue if it didn't?

Yes, I have tried to get out of the car with the belt on and it's quite a shock, especially when you are jumping out quickly.

Barb said...

So sorry to hear you still have to undergo more! My prayers are still with you! Love that little sign it reminds me of me!

CathieJ said...

I am so sorry about the pain and that you will need another procedure. At least your sense of humor is in tact. I can relate to that sign.

Marilyn said...

I guess I don't understand why they couldn't get it all the first time (SIGH)
Sorry you have to have another procedure & that you are still in pain.
The health system now is cold, really more like a business.
I would've complained too.
That was a good chuckle, I think everyone can relate to!
Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers.
Take care.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Oh Barbara. You are still in my prayers.

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, I am sorry that you have to endure another procedure. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.