Tuesday, June 18, 2019

I hate doctors

Well here it is Tuesday and tomorrow I'm scheduled for a "shake and bake" procedure.  This is what I call lithotripsy.  It's when they send shock waves thru your body to break up kidney stones which I happen to have one the size of a nickel.  My Mother, each of my 3 brothers and myself have been plagued all our lives with these delightful little stones.  The last one placed me in intensive care because it became infected and it entered my blood stream to make me septic.   That was not a comforting time but they really do take care of you there.  I was worried that this one would do the same but so far I'm okay.  Wish me luck.

I do have a finish to share with you.  It's from Angel Stitches and it's called "ABC Bird".  I stitched it on a hand dyed 30ct linen but I don't have the name of it.  I used DMC for the stitching and he worked up pretty quick.  I finished it into a stand up.




Thanks for stopping by and letting me get off my chest the worries I have about tomorrows procedure.  I hope the remaining part of your week is filled with loved ones and activities you love doing.  

Moving Waterfall photo by bproctor0901

Blessings, Barbara

9 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your bird finish is fabulous. Love the color you used for the bird! You are in my thoughts and prayers for your procedure tomorrow along with the recovery from it.

Vickie said...

This little bird is so sweet Barbara. I am praying for you dear!

diamondc said...

Barbara: Wishing you good luck, I hope you never get another stone.
Lovely design, are the quilt squares your idea? I love the quilt squares with the bird, very sweet.
Have a great week.

Catherine

marly said...

Good luck tomorrow! Please let us know all went well.

That bird finish is wonderful. The design is sweet and your display is creative and cool!!

gracie said...

I have had kidney stones so I know the pain they can cause. Good luck with the procedure. I love that bird and finish.

CathieJ said...

I love the way you finished this piece. Best wishes for the procedure today. I hope all goes well and you are feeling better soon.

Marilyn said...

What a cute Bluebird finish.
I'll be keeping you in my thoughts tomorrow.
Marilyn

Sweet Sue said...

Oh Barbara, thinking of you...

Barb said...

I will say a prayer for you about tomorrow. My DD had one of those nasty stones when she was in high school. Very painful! I love your blue bird and the wonderful finish!