Saturday, August 22, 2020

I am so angry I could spit

15x25ft Sewn Nylon American Flag


 We still live in the United States of America right?  We still have freedom of speech right?  We still have supposedly elections that are unbiased right?

Then how come I can't post on Ravelry an avatar of my choosing?  I used a Trump 2020 avatar and they have deleted it and my entire profile. Since when do people have the right to tell you how to think and act?  The more this goes on the more I have grave doubts for this country.  I already know this coming election will be a hard one because lets face it.... Washington is corrupt.....and I mean everyone there.  They no longer care for the common man and woman they care about is getting re-elected and keeping the money flowing into their bank accounts.  I'm sorry I've gotten on my soap box but this really bothers me and I wanted to see if it does anyone else.

Stay safe,

Blessing, Barbara

7 comments:

Sweet Sue said...

I agree Barbara, I remember this being a Ravelry issue some time ago. As for government, I was taught a long time ago it takes care of itself first. Which is why getting on that bandwagon is so appealing. xo

Denise said...

While not on Ravelry...I do remember hearing some chatter about them awhile back also.

As for Washington...the only thing we can do is vote the way that makes the most sense to us. I have had quiet an education from my political science/sociology PhD candidate son. And in a nutshell, the whole government is a corrupt mess and getting worse by the day.

marly said...

It's happening everywhere. People have so much hatred they have turned into the fascists they accuse others of being. I don't care who people admire or despise, I accept their right to opinion as I hope they accept mine. I saw a video of two girls bashing a young boy's sign and throwing his hat away. What is wrong with people? I do believe social media fuels intolerance. If Ravelry is also banning Biden avatars and adhering to the same rules for all, good for them! If not, shame on them.

Marilyn said...

I pretty much feel the same way Barbara.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Barbara, you really got me wondering how this could be, so I googled it. I found and read this: https://www.ravelry.com/content/no-trump

Pamela said...

I dumped out of Ravelry a few years ago when they brought politics into a place I went to for peace and to get away from it all. There is so much hatred that I just keep my mouth shut. I will vote as I feel and no one will be the wiser.
Stay safe and just enjoy your knitting and stitching. Hope it brings you peace in these troubling times. I know it has for me.
Pam

barbara woods said...

Just a bunch of rich crooks