Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Back in the swing.....i hope

I've been really down in the dumps lately but I think I'm finding my way out of them....hopefully.  I started a new cross stitch piece called "My Home" by BBD.  I'm stitching it on 32ct cream Belfast linen and when I'm finished with the stitching I will soak it in some coffee or crushed walnuts.  I not only want the linen to be stained but also the floss.  I'm using DMC instead of the hand dyes they call for and I'm loving it.  Here's what I have so far...


When finished this is what it should look like and the next picture is the book by BBD that it comes from.  I have a dream of doing every design in this book because I think it's the best they've ever come out with.



I've also been slowly working on the knitted shawl I'm making.  It's very slow going but I do like the effect.  I have 4 skeins and I'm still on the first skein.  I've decided to add some black alpaca into the design but I haven't come up with the design yet.  Here's how far I've gotten and I must change to a longer needle soon or I'll be dropping stitches off the end tips.



Today was Little John's first day at pre-school and he was so excited to go.  He's getting to be such a big boy.....they grow too fast!



For the giveaway on the last post, Eeen's name was drawn and I have emailed her at the address she gave.  I have not heard from her but we'll give her a few more days and if I don't hear from her I'll draw another name.  I just don't want these patterns going to waste.

I should open up my Etsy store again but I just don't have the energy to do it.  One thing I will say on here, when you see that I have stitched a pattern from an individual packet or book, I never stitch it again so I am willing to sell it.  If you see that I've done something that you might like to stitch, drop me an email and I will see about getting it to you.  The price I sell at is always 1/2 of what the original price was.

That's all for now.  Stay safe.
Blessings, Barbara

7 comments:

diamondc said...

Barbara: How exciting for Little John, he is so adorable.
Nice stitching and such beautiful fabric.
Your shawl is beautiful.
I think this is the time of year when people run out of energy.

Catherine

Barb said...

Little John looks so happy and excited. As a former teacher I always wish there was way to keep that excitement going. I saw it die so quickly with my grandson who was so eager to go to kindergarten. By the way , he is a freshman this year and yes, they grow way too fast. I have that BBD book and love so much that is in it. I think the times are causing many of us to have moods that we usually don't have to deal with. I have a dear friend who is depressed and I find that I am very impatient. Not good at all! Especially for my dear husband. I blame the stress of covid!

Marilyn said...

I also bought that book, it's amazing, so many lovable projects.
Little John sure has grown, he's so handsome.
I sometimes feel that way also, can't concentrate some days for too long.
Take care.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

BBD is always a good choice Barbara! Little John in school?! How can that be? :)

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, your BBD design is looking good as is your shawl! Little John is such a handsome one. Wishing him a great year of pre-school!

marly said...

John is older than I thought he should be!

That is the first and only BBD book for me. I love it. Haven't stitched anything yet but constantly go through page after page.

Sweet Sue said...

i adore any dmc after a nice coffee bath, gives a nice subtle drab hue. kiddos getting big! be well my friend:) xo