Sunday, October 21, 2018

Happy Dance Time

I finished it!  I finally finished it!  I really like it on the board that I used and I used foam core to make it stand out a bit more.  I finally found the label for the fabric I used and it's called Flossie's Celadon Glenshee linen.


 Now I'm on to working on the owl mitten for sister in law.  I'm using 30ct.  Dower Linen with DMC and the black is Mandarin floss.  I absolutely hate DMC black for the way it looks fuzzy.   This should hopefully be a quick stitch.


I was looking on Etsy last nite and I came across a lady in the Ukraine who does cross stitch patterns.  My grand daughter, Peyton, loves Beauty and the Beast (Disney) and I saw that this woman had a pattern for an abstract of this movie.  I purchased the pattern and yesterday I went and bought all the floss needed.  I think I'm just going to do it on cream Belfast.  She says white but I don't use white unless I really have to.  Living here in Orlando, they really drive home the Disney trademarks and how you don't tread on their toes.  I feel like I've done something illegal by purchasing this pattern.  Should I feel this way?

Disney Beauty and the Beast modern cross stitch pattern, Disney Castle counted cross stitch chart, Disney fan gift decor DIY, instant PDF

I'll leave you with a chuckle...
Yep & the wrappers just slow you down.

Blessings on this perfect Sunday,
Barbara

9 comments:

Melody A. said...

Fantastic Job!! so cute! Happy Stitching from Iowa

RitaGri said...

The theme Snow day is so nice!
I wish you the joy of embroidering your new job!

Vickie said...

Love you new finish so much Barbara!! I hope you have lots of fun with you new project for Peyton. :)

Barb said...

That snow piece really turned out so cute. It looks great on the board! I do love the color of the linen.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Snow Day piece turned out great, Barbara. Well done!

MartinaM said...

Hi Barb,
Wow, your snow day looks great, I like the idea of putting it on a wooden board. Great finish.
Looking forward to more pictures of your work
Greetings, Martina

Justine said...

What a beautiful finish Barbara, it turned out perfectly.
Your new start looks lovely and I like the pattern you chose for Peyton.

Marilyn said...

Snow Day turned out nice, love the finish.
That's a cool pattern for Peyton.
Can't wait to see your progress on this one.
Maxine is right about those candy bars! LOL
Remember when the pkgs were 16oz.?
Now you're lucky if they're 9oz. !!!!
Marilyn

diamondc said...

Barbara: The finish is perfect, that wood looks like the color of the house.
I am looking forward to seeing the new design stitched up, do you have a link to the lady who designed this?
Love Maxine cartoons, she parallels my life so much.

Catherine