Thursday, August 27, 2020

The End Product

 Hello everyone.  I hope you're gearing up for a great weekend.  I'm not sure what I'll be doing but I know it will have something to do with stitching or my great-grandbabies.

I finished the BBD design and I have actually done the finishing work and turned it into a pincushion.  I walnut stained the linen and pillow fabric and I do love how they both turned out.  There's some blotchiness which is great and it adds to the theme.  Here it is.....





I had fun sewing this together and planning what I was going to add to it.  The plastic clips on the side are called Wonder Clips and even if you're not a quilter they are great to have on hand.  I like using them to hold fabric for sewing instead of pins because these don't cause me to bleed.  I don't know how many of my projects get blood on them because I'm horrible with pins.  The color of the linen and fabric is darker than what is posted here because of my lighting I guess.

Now to start the Coming to America design.  I have two choices for fabric which I can't decide between.  I have a 20ct. Lugana in the color Clay where my design would turn out 6.25" wide x 21" in height.  Now that's pretty big but manageable.  It will be harder for me to stitch but the framing won't be as costly either.  Or I have the color Vintage Country Mocha that it calls for in 28ct.  Now this turns out a whopping 9" x 30" which would be harder to work with because of the amount of fabric but easier to see.  There's also the cost of framing something so big and where to hang it.  You see my problem.  I will probably end up tossing a coin to decide but whichever I choose it will stay that.

You all probably get tired of me posting pics of the great-grandbabies but this one I can't resist.  Peyton asked Little John to get his clothes on for school but she didn't say who he was suppose to put them on.  Out came Evelyn wearing Little John's clothes and she is happy as all get out.  She does love her big brother.

Many Blessings, Barbara

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

What a beautiful finish.
A very cute pic of Evelyn.
Hope you are safe from the storms.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

What a darling picture of Evelyn in her brother's outfit! Too funny! And Barbara, I love seeing (and reading about) your great grandbabies.

Your BBD finish looks awesome. I really like the wrap over the pillow. Very cool. Look forward to seeing your start and progress on the Mayflower piece. You could always turn it into a wall hanging upon finishing.

I hope you have a super weekend. Be safe from the storm and its aftermath.

Vickie said...

What a clever, cute finish Barbara! And Little John certainly was clever there! ;)

Barb said...

Barbara, I never get tired of those cute pictures of the children!! What a great finish. I love the way you did the final finishing and the design is so pretty.

marly said...

LOL!! Cute story. Great finishing for that wonderful design.

Sweet Sue said...

such a nice finish, love it! those kiddos, gonna have to watch them every second:)