Saturday, January 18, 2020

First Finish of 2020

It seems like forever since I posted on here but I do have a finish.....not cross stitch but crochet.  It's a beautiful cowl done in a hand dyed fingering weight yarn that I purchased on Etsy from Sweet Sparrow Yarns in the color Pajama Day.  I must admit that the color name drew me in because I love nothing better than lounging around in my pj's.  




Last week Peyton and I took the kids to Gatorland Zoo here in Orlando.  They had a ball looking at all the gators and playing in the splash garden.  I was able to snap a picture or two.


Peyton, Zane and Little John holding a live alligator.  Not me....no way!!!


One of the many pretty species of birds here in Florida.  

I do hope everyone's new year has gone well so far.  We have had a mild winter down here in Orlando and I would love some days of below freezing but I know that's wishful thinking on my part.  

Blessings, Barbara



9 comments:

Barb said...

Well Barbra, I wish I could send you just a little bit of my snow. My DD had school closed 3 days this week. I do love the pieced you made. It could look so pretty with so many things! You do have a very brave family!!!!!Great Picture!

Sweet Sue said...

Pretty cowl Barbara, looks like you, Peyton and kiddos are off to a great start in 2020. We've been back and forth here, snow then melt, over and over again. I'm ready to atart a few indoor seeds, still too cold though.

marly said...

Lovely! I just saw a pattern for a neck wrap with buttons and considered attempted it. Than I thought better of it.

Marilyn said...

Beautiful Cowl & bird.
Looks like the kids had fun.
No Alligator for me please!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful cowl you created! Love the color of the yarn you used for it! Thank you for sharing the pictures from your adventure to Gatorland Zoo.

Hazel said...

Your cowl is gorgeous! x

diamondc said...

Barbara: that cowl is lovely, the color is beautiful.
What a fun day you all had, but the alligator looks creepy to me, of course I am from the north where there are no gators.

Catherine

Gabi said...

Nice to hear from you again. Beautiful cowl and an exciting pic from the kids with the alligator.
No snow in my area. Don't need it.
Hugs and have a wonderful week-end.

Bethan said...

Such a lovely cowl. Looks like a nice day out with the family too x