Monday, January 21, 2019

I have some updates on my projects that I've been working on and a finish that turned into a mess.  Has anyone ever made a rag quilt?  Well I just made my first one and I ended up covered in pieces of thread and lint.  I made the mistake of wearing something dark and what a mess.  I ended up throwing away the shirt I had worn because even putting it through the dryer wouldn't remove the lint.  Anyway, this is what I made...



Can you tell I'm praying for a girl?  The squares that make up the top are flannel and the backing is yellow cotton with little pink ladybugs.


These are my two new sewing machine tables.  I've always wanted my machines to be in a corner and I finally achieved that.  No more going back and forth....

I've been also working on my shawl and made some progress.  I still have a long way to go but I'm in no hurry......


.....and the angel of my Nativity should be done soon.  


Peyton had her first ultrasound and it's just one baby which is good.  They haven't determined yet if she needs to go to a high risk doctor and she'll find that out soon.  Everything looks good and so far our prayers have been answered.

Hope everyone's week is filled with many Blessings,
Barbara

7 comments:

Barb said...

That quilt will be perfect for a boy or a girl!! I will keep the prayers for Peyton coming!

Pam said...

Love your quilt. So glad the ultra sound went well. Be well & Stitch on!

Vickie said...

What a wonderful quilt. And your sewing room is so wonderful!!! I love the angel so far too Barb. I am glad to hear that Peyton is doing well so far.

Phyllis said...

I've been wanting to make a rag quilt. I've got the flannel, just need to figure out how many layers to use. Did you use batting? Your quilt us lovely.

Marilyn said...

Love rag quilts, it's pretty!
I like your sewing set-up, so nice & organized.
Positive thoughts fro Peyton.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

What super things you have been working on! Your sewing machine corner looks great. What kind of tables are they on? Continuing to pray for Peyton and the baby!

Pam in IL said...

Your rag quilt is lovely. I've wanted to make one, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Praying for Peyton and baby.