Friday, December 28, 2018

Some New Starts

Well here it is almost the end of 2018 and what a year it was.  I'm pleased with how many projects I finished and ones that I have started and hope to finish in the coming year.  A really big surprise was given to us for Christmas but more about that later.  

Here's what I have started and hope to finish in 2019.
First off, have you all seen the new Cross Eyed Cricket designs of the Nativity?  Well I love CEC designs and when I saw this I knew I had to stitch it.  I've wanted a stitched Nativity scene for quite awhile but never came across one I wanted to stitch.  This one is it.




I decided to start with the angel and here's her starting from the bottom.



The designer has decided to use Kreinik Blending Filament but I absolutely despise that stuff so I'm using a Rainbow Gallery thread called Petite Silk Lame Braid that has a bit of metallic in it.  It's hard to make it out in the picture but all the white is this braid and it is so much easier to work with.  

I've also started a new shawl with a yarn called Scheepjes Whirl that is a gradient cotton yarn in sock weight.  This one starts in pale grey through light blue, brown, purple, teal to black.  The first 38 rows were kind of boring with just doing the granny stitch but now I'm getting into the actual pattern.  If you're a member of Ravelry you can find this under the designer Katya Novikova and it's name is "Grafika".  


Now for that surprise that we were told on Christmas.  It seems our family is going to have a new addition in August.  Peyton is pregnant with their third and last child.  They wanted 3 and all close together and wow are they getting it.  Of course we are all praying for a girl but I must confess, I love those other 2 little guys so a third one would be no problem.  I'm very worried about Peyton because she immediately had to stop taking her medications for her Trigeminal Neurolgia and so now her pain will come back full force.  She's not letting it get her down though and tonite when we went out to dinner with them, she was in fine spirits.  I truly don't know how she does it.

Well that's all my news for now.  I hope you all have a safe and Happy New Year's and start 2019 out with loved ones surrounding you.

Blessings, Barbara

7 comments:

Barb said...

Congratulations on the new addition. A little girl will be great but my sweet grandson is such a joy that if Hannah had been a boy, it would have been just fine with me. I will keep Peyton in my prayers. That nativity is beautiful. What a wonderful project for 2019!

MartinaM said...

Hi Barb,
Since you have something great for, I have not yet seen the crib in this variant, I'm curious how it goes.
I find Peyton very brave and I wish her all the best for the pregnancy, to stop with the medication. But surely she will do it well, and who knows, maybe she'll get a girl after all.
I wish you a happy new year
Martina

Marilyn said...

That Nativity is going to be so pretty!
Love the colors.
Congrats on the new edition next year.
Prayers for Peyton that all goes well.
Happy New year!!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

What gorgeous stitch and yarn projects you have started, Barbara! Congratulations on the grandbaby coming in June! Will be keeping Peyton in my thoughts and prayers as she goes through this pregnancy. Wishing you a New Year filled with many happy memories!

Vickie said...

Barbara I will keep Peyton and the baby in my prayers. This is wonderful news!
Your new projects are beautiful!

diamondc said...

Barbara: Congratulations to Peyton and family, you are so lucky to be a grandmother.
I love the Nativity Scene, I love Cricket Collections, Vickie Hastings designs are so sweet, I think I have many of her earlier designs someplace in my stash.

Happy New Year
Catherine

Bethan said...

Congratulations to you and your family! I love your nativity scene - so sweet x