Monday, November 12, 2018

A Few Finishes

Here it is Monday, Nov. 12 and Thanksgiving is almost upon us.  Where did 2018 go?  I swear the older I get the faster time flies and that just doesn't seem fair.

My first finish is one that I started last year but fell out of interest in it so I picked it back up and made myself finish it.  It's a Blackbird Design called Topiary In Bloom and it's really quite pretty when finished.  I stitched it on a 30ct. cream linen using the recommended over dyed flosses and finished it into a very plain pin cushion filled with rice and dried lavender.  I do love the smell of Lavender!!


I finished another ornament and this one's called Autumn Bird by From the Heart Needle Art by Wendy.  I just trimmed it in a twisted braid of two of the colors in the design and tied it in a bow.  


I also received my order from 123 with the sparkly DMC floss and here is one of the greens I purchased.  I just wanted some Christmas colors and white.  It's still 6 strands and it doesn't look like it will be difficult to work with.  Time will tell.  The strands on the bottom of the picture is two ply.


I was also able to stitch up an owl ornament for my sister in law who happens to love owls.  I hope she likes this one.


That's about all I have to show you.  Have you seen the new village by Country Cottage Needleworks?  It's called "Glitter Village" and yes I'm starting it.  Here's the first house...

Glitter House One - Cross Stitch Pattern

I've got the fabric...32ct. Raw/Silver Belfast Linen and I'm using plain DMC floss for the stitching.  I bought all of the Little House Needlework's village this past year and really don't care for it and it will be showing up in my Etsy shop because I know I'll never stitch it.  This one has softer colors that for some reason I like and I'm hoping to finish this one.  I'm stitching it all on one piece of fabric...3 x 3 houses and so far she hasn't come out with a border so I might have to make one up.  I think it will help pull the designs all together.  
.
I haven't been feeling up to par lately so I made an appointment with our family doctor this Thursday.  I'm not sure if it's my thyroid or what but I just have no energy and I have trouble sleeping.  I'm hoping he can give me some answers.

I hope all of you have a week filled with Blessings.

Barbara

10 comments:

Marilyn said...

Cute finishes.
Those glitter houses will be so pretty on the sparkly linen.
Hope you get some answers and feel better soon.
Marilyn

Barb said...

Hello there my faraway friend, you have been very busy and have some lovely finishes Hope you get some answers from your dr,I seem to be never away from the place at the moment. If you find some energy send some my way too please. Take care and hugs from over here . hug for Vallie too.

Vickie said...

I like your projects very much Barb. You are in my prayers. I hope and pray this is easily taken care of with the doctor.

Robin in Virginia said...

Each one of your finishes looks super, Barbara. My favorite one is the Autumn Bird by From the Heart. Saying a prayer that your doctor's visit goes well and you begin to feel better.

diamondc said...

Hi Barbara: Beautiful finishing.
I love the Owl so sweet.
I have been tired and gaining weight its awful, I hope your doctor finds out what is going on.
I will keep you in my thoughts.

Catherine

Barb said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Sleep has become a problem for me as I get older but I do have energy enough. I love your finishes. I seem to be stuck doing big things so not much to show on my blog. However, I really enjoy seeing other peoples finishes!

Mary said...

Very pretty finishes.

MartinaM said...

Hi Barb,
Great work, and great finishes.
  I would like to embroider Glitter Village at some point.
Greetings from Germany, Martina

Christine said...

Wow is good to be back with my ex again, thank you Dr Ekpen for the help, I just want to let you know that is reading this post in case you are having issues with your lover and is leading to divorce and you don’t want the divorce, Dr Ekpen is the answer to your problem. Or you are already divorce and you still want him/her contact Dr Ekpen the spell caster now on (ekpentemple@gmail.com) or whatsapp him on +2347050270218 and you will be clad you did

Bethan said...

You have been really busy! Lovely finishes. I hope you feel better soon and your doctor has some answers x